By the time you read this, ‘Independence Day: Resurgence’ is already hitting the cinemas worldwide and you would expect a blockbuster hit from the nostalgic movie of the 90’s “Independence Day”(thats 20 years in the making!). And for most of you who did not give a damn watching the first movie for this “requel”, I would definitely suggest you watch the first one!
For most people who tried to look up reviews and update regarding the movie aside from going into Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic, you would surely find reviews of the movie being lazy, boring, and being the most disastrous movie of summer. Spoiler ahead!
Here are the top 10 craziest thing that happened in the movie:
1. Liam Hemsworth pees on a dead alien in front of another alien.And he peed on the dead alien inside the giant alien forest inside a humungous UFO that even the Atlantic Ocean would look like a lake below it.
2. The mega UFO has legs, like a spider legs but, you know, the size of a city. One of these legs dig into the East Coast of the USA, and stops in the backyard of the recreation of the White House — destroyed in the first film.
3. Oh yeah, the civilization of humans have mastered fusion power (from the last alien invasion) using it to create weapons and spaceship boosters just to prepare them for the worst which happens on the same day! Independence Day!
4. Before the movie begins, we learn an “African warlord” spent 10 years fighting the aliens in hand-to-hand combat.e see warlord Dikembe Umbutu murder an alien with two machetes.How brave is that?Killing aliens with machetes!
5. President Bill Pullman who suffered visions of this grand attack is once again doing everything he can to help mankind like sacrificing himself to an alien prisoner(yes, a prisoner inside Area 51) to serve as a human translation device.
6. Oh yeah, did I mention the Alien Queen happens to be in the movie who is roughly as big as the size of the Eiffel Tower?!
7. Jeff Goldblum’s father who took the credits for the idea of the “head cold” 20 years ago, took the entire second half of the movie collecting children inside the bus abandoned by the worst parents and adults in the universe!
8. Fast forward, the mini ship that the Alien queen was on got destroyed and the big alien mom survives landing on Earth and guess who she sees first on Earth, Jeff Goldblum’s father’s magical school bus full of abandoned kids, speeding through the desert! Come on, not the kids!!
9. Anyway, back to President Pullman. He is the lone pilot that flies a suicide payload of fusion bombs into an alien mothership.
10. I almost forgot, there’s a ticking-time bomb plot device involving the Earth’s core being harvested by the aliens. Talk about ratcheting tension.
What do you think about the movie? Leave a comment below.